It’s one thing to set a goal to lose weight or to get in shape. It’s an entirely different thing to accomplish that goal. So often, life gets in the way, and through one excuse or another, we end up talking our way out of doing what we originally set out to do.
Whether you’re new to working out, or you’re an exercise veteran, working with a personal fitness trainer can help you reach your goal. Many people see personal training as an unnecessary expense, but if you want 2015 to be different; if you want to lose weight, tone up your body, or train for a specific athletic event or achievement, working with a professional fitness trainer is the way to go.
Here are five reasons you can’t afford not to hire a personal trainer.
1. Accountability- You are far more likely to make it into the gym knowing there is someone waiting on you when you get there. Your trainer won’t just help be sure you actually get to the gym, but they can help hold you accountable to other aspects of fitness, including proper nutrition and stress management. When you need help in one of these other areas, your personal trainer can help direct you to someone with expertise in the area.
2. Motivation- A trained professional has a way of getting just a little more out of you when you may have told yourself that you have done enough for one day. Although some people are self-motivated, that certainly isn’t true for all of us. Each of us is motivated in different ways, and a professional fitness trainer will get to know you and what motivates you.
3. Personalized fitness plan- If you are not a great candidate for certain movements, your trainer will be quick to recommend many alternate movements that are just as effective. Simply put, there is no one-size-fits-all fitness plan. Each of us is unique, and we need an individualized fitness plan that is specifically designed to up us achieve our personal goals. Your trainer can make exercise recommendations tailored to your individual needs.
4. Faster Results- A personal trainer will put together a program that will burn more calories during the warm-up than some will burn during their entire workout. This will allow you to reach your goals quicker. You can spend an hour fighting to burn a couple hundred calories on your own, or you can work with a trainer to get the most out of your time at the gym. We know you’re busy, and that makes workout efficiency and effectiveness all the more important.
5. Knowledge- A professional fitness trainer will know how to assess an individual and create a program that addresses that person’s needs or weakness. A trainer will know how to capitalize on their strengths to help them work out to burn more calories or build more muscle. Professional fitness trainers dedicate their lives to fitness, so expect your trainer to have at least a basic knowledge of current fitness trends (and if they don’t, they’ll know where to find out!) Take the guesswork out of your workout; lean on your trainer to do the research for you. All you have to do is commit to working through the fitness plan laid out for you.
Are you tired of working out on your own? Do you need motivation to get back into the gym? Would you like someone to design a fitness program just for you? Contact Studio Fitness today to schedule an appointment with a professional fitness trainer.