There are five key components of physical fitness. These components measure your body’s ability to use oxygen as fuel, the strength and endurance of your muscles, the flexibility of your joints and muscles, and your total fat. Once you have been tested in all five components a regimen can be created to fit your specific needs.
What Are the Main Components of Physical Fitness?
The five key components of fitness are cardiovascular endurance, muscle strength, muscle endurance, flexibility, and body composition.
1) Cardiovascular endurance refers to your body’s ability to use your heart and lungs together to fuel your body with oxygen. Aerobic conditioning, such as jogging, swimming, and cycling, can help improve your cardiovascular endurance.
2) Muscle strength refers to the amount of force a muscle can exert in a single effort. Exercises like bench presses, leg presses, bicep curls, and pull-ups could be used to measure your muscle strength.
3) Muscle endurance refers to the muscles ability to continuously perform without experiencing fatigue. Cycling, step machines, and high rep exercises can be used to measure muscle endurance.
4) Flexibility refers to a joints ability to reach its full range of motion. Stretching your muscles can help with flexibility. Performing exercises like a lunge or a squat to stand could also help flexibility.
5) Body composition refers to the amount of fat versus the amount of lean muscle mass, bones and organs. There are several different ways to measure a person’s body fat percentage.
While testing in all five areas allows you to create a regimen to help improve your weaker areas, a healthy workout regimen includes all 5 Components of Physical Fitness. Creating personalized programs for clients is one of Studio Fitness’ main focuses. Our personal trainers are more than happy to help you, whether you are a committed member or not, complete a Functional Movement screening and go through a health history assessment to build a training regimen that will help improve and strengthen your body’s abilities. Visit Studio Fitness today to complete a screening and physical fitness test and receive a workout schedule specific to your body’s needs.
Studio Fitness is Rockwall’s complete source for a stronger, healthier you. It’s not just another cookie-cutter gym. Studio Fitness is focused on providing each individual with a personalized experience tailored to his or her unique fitness needs. It’s important to assess your body’s current state in order to develop a training program that will enhance the progress of your results. We believe in educating our clients so they not only grow in their physical fitness but they also develop a deeper understanding of the correlation between total body health and fitness as well.